1. According to Sunday’s Detroit Free Press, the FBI is continuing to investigate a local criminal ring that has been selling human body parts. *** In fact, there is evidence that Jim Caldwell may have recently purchased a new arm for Matthew Stafford.
2. Oslo, Norway plans to be car-free by 2019. *** However, with all the car thefts and carjackings, Detroit may beat them to it.
3. Researchers at Duke University found that many nail polishes contain TPHP, a chemical that can enter the body and cause hormonal dysfunction. *** On the plus side, people will compliment you on your great looking nails. On the negative side, you’ll have an inexplicable urge to scratch their eyes out.
4. Presidential candidates Ben Carson and Donald Trump are asking for Secret Service protection…***…from each other.
5. Speaking at an industry conference in San Francisco, Linked-In CEO Jeff Weiner described the difference between a manager and a visionary. *** I believe the visionary gets to put his feet up on the desk.
6. On this date in history: 1960 – The first fully mechanized post office opens in Providence, Rhode Island. *** For the first time ever, letters can be lost automatically.
7. On this date in history: 1774 - In defiance of British rule, colonists in Taunton, Massachusetts raise the first flag displaying the word "Liberty.” *** Unfortunately, Betsy Ross was exhausted and said she’d never do another flag with text on it.
8. On this date in history: 1897 - The world's first car dealership opens in London. *** Showroom traffic is a bit slow while waiting for the automobile to be invented.
9. On this date in history: 1938 - Chester Carlson demonstrates the first Xerox copying machine. *** He then hopped off and pulled up his pants.
10. On this date in history: 1814 – The world’s first plastic surgery is performed. *** I believe the patient was a Ms. Kardashian.