1. This week snow fell in the Sahara Desert for the first time in 37 years. *** In fact, it was so cold the camels had to put anti-freeze in their humps.
2. According to a recent survey, most Millennials would like to retire by age 62, but 91% of them don’t have a plan to prepare for retirement. *** However, they’re pretty sure the first step is to start working.
3. A city official in Mobile, Alabama, has apologized for cutting down a 50-foot cedar tree in a city park so it could be decorated and used in a Donald Trump “Thank You” rally. *** Hey, it could have been worse—it could have been a rally for Al Gore.
4. According to the Lifescript website, “being ignored” is the number one reason women walk away from a relationship. *** Of course, it’s tough for a guy to argue when it takes him three days to realize she’s gone.
5. After seeing how well Khloe Kardashian cared for Lamar Odom when he was in the hospital, the rest of the Kardashian family changed their wills to make her their medical advisor if they become incapacitated. *** They’ve all given Khloe authority to pull the plug as soon as their good looks start to fade.
6. On this date in history: Dec 23, 1986 – The experimental airplane Voyager, piloted by Dick Rutan & Jeana Yeager, completes the first nonstop round-the-world flight. *** The amazing flight proved once and for all that people can travel completely around the world without stopping to buy souvenirs.
7. On this date in history: Dec 22, 2001 – On a flight from Paris to Miami, Richard Reid attempts to ignite explosives hidden in the sole of his shoe. *** He had reached the point where he’d try anything to cure his plantar fasciitis.
8. On this date in history: Dec 21, 1951 – Joe DiMaggio announces his retirement. *** Where has he gone?
9. On this date in history: Dec 20, 1924 – Adolf Hitler is released from jail early. *** Famous last words from the parole board: “So, what’s the worst that could happen?”
10. On this date in history: Dec 19, 1777 – George Washington settles his troops at Valley Forge for the winter. *** The soldiers accepted the harsh living conditions, but hated it when George kept singing “Walking in a winter wonderland...”