1. Motel 6 says it will no longer share guest lists with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency. *** And Tom Bodett said he won’t leave a light on for them, either.
2. After a customer at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Dearborn, Michigan complained about his food, the manager reached through the car window and attacked him. *** You know it’s a rough neighborhood when McDonald’s offers drive-thru beatings.
3. According to online advice from mental health experts, there are seven ways to tell if you’re dating a psychopath. *** #1: Their match.com profile has the word “psychopath.”
4. Amazon is planning to build a second headquarters and one of the possible locations is Detroit. *** The operation will focus on a new service, Amazon Crime.
5. A New York City man was hospitalized after a motorist ran over his foot then came back and shot him twice in the leg. *** I believe it’s a new vigilante group enforcing the “Do Not Walk” signals.
6. On this date in history: Sep 15, 1894 – Japan defeats China in the Battle of Ping Yang. *** However, the next day the Chinese were victorious in a Battle of Ping Pong.
7. On this date in history: Sep 14, 1938 – Graf Zeppelin II, the world's largest airship, makes its maiden flight. *** In keeping with the design theme, it featured inflatable flight attendants.
8. On this date in history: Sep 13, 1977 – Because of its raunchy content, the soap opera parody “Soap” becomes the first TV show to have a viewer discretion warning. *** It seems ironic that the dirtiest show on TV was named “Soap.”
9. On this date in history: Sep 12, 1959 – The TV series "Bonanza" premieres. *** Viewers loved the theme song, admired Ben Cartwright’s full head of hair and felt sorry for the horse that had to carry Hoss.
10. On this date in history: Sep 11, 1609 – Henry Hudson discovers Manhattan Island. *** Duh…just go to Brooklyn and then cross the bridge.