1. Researchers have found that the Big Thunder roller coaster at Disney World is so jarring it can help men pass kidney stones. *** And it’s so scary it makes all the other riders sound like it.
2. In an interview with GQ magazine, LeBron James revealed that he told his three children if they are ever stopped by the police they should always be respectful, put their cell phones on speaker… *** … and offer the cops a couple of front-row tickets to the next Cavs game.
3. Boy Scouts of America plans to begin recruiting girls into some of its scouting programs. *** The men in charge claim they understand the unique needs of girls and will offer special programs such as Hiking in Heels, Cosmetics for Camping and Fashions for the Forest.
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger was recently spotted taking his girlfriend, Heather Milligan, out for ice cream. *** Actually, Heather doesn’t really like ice cream, but she just loves the way Arnold says “Haagan-Dazs.”
5. Sadly, the California wildfires have destroyed the home of “Peanuts” creator Charles Schultz. *** The house was identified by the only visible remains--a blanket, a football and a sign offering psychiatric advice for a nickel.
6. On this date in history: Oct 20, 1910 – The cork-centered baseball is first used in the World Series. *** The cork-center design became the new standard for baseballs, although it never caught on with the NBA.
7. On this date in history: Oct 19, 1971 – "Look" magazine publishes its last issue. *** Apparently, people had stopped looking.
8. On this date in history: Oct 18, 1890 – John Owen is the first man to run the 100 yard dash in under 10 seconds. *** It happened when he was caught in bed by a jealous husband.
9. On this date in history: Oct 17, 1957 – Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip visit the White House. *** When they asked to see the throne they were told, “Down the hall, on your left.”
10. On this date in history: Oct 16, 1925 – The Texas School Board prohibits teaching of evolution. *** There was widespread fear that such instruction would only encourage the human race to evolve further.