1. In Saudi Arabia, a 14 year old boy was arrested for dancing the Macarena in public while crossing the street. *** Officials acknowledged that a lot of adults do that contrived and silly dance, but said a 14 year old should know better.
2. Starbucks is test marketing a sushi burrito. *** It’s not very good, but their plan is to make a killing by selling beverages to wash it down.
3. Two members of the Kennedy clan—the son and granddaughter of Robert and Ethyl—were arrested for disorderly conduct after refusing to turn down the music at their party. *** At their arraignment they were indignant; they both pleaded not guilty and said there has never been a noise ordinance in Camelot.
4. During yesterday’s eclipse President Trump made the mistake of looking directly at the sun. *** After being surrounded by White House advisors for the past seven months he just wasn’t used to seeing anything that bright.
5. The city of Stamford, Connecticut may make it illegal to walk and text at the same time. *** I bet a lot of kids there will decide to give up walking.
6. On this date in history: Aug 25, 1916 – The Department of the Interior establishes the National Park Service. *** They provide valet parking?
7. On this date in history: Aug 24, 1853 – In Saratoga, New York, chef George Crum prepares the world’s first potato chips. *** He then became extremely wealthy by betting friends that they couldn’t eat just one.
8. On this date in history: Aug 23, 1960 – The world's largest frog (7.2 pounds) is caught. *** His weight gain was blamed on the unhealthy influence of a Miss Piggy.
9. On this date in history: Aug 22, 1911 – The Mona Lisa is stolen from the Louvre. *** Sounds like somebody just wasn’t satisfied with a Mona Lisa coffee mug from the gift shop.
10. On this date in history: Aug 21, 1841 – John Hampson patents the venetian blind. *** According to the patent, it kept out the sun and provided privacy while still letting you peek at the neighbors.