1. Kim Kardashian is reportedly so upset from the Paris robbery that friends and family are now handling her web site and app. *** In fact, she’s so distraught she needs to have someone else hold the smart phone for all her selfies.
2. With so many incidents of people in clown outfits robbing banks and terrorizing children, a lot of communities are banning clown costumes. *** Now the folks at the Ringling Brothers Circus are really getting frustrated. In fact, they’re so upset they’re going to get rid of all their clowns and bring back the elephants.
3. Chinese scientists announced that their huge 1,654 foot “radio telescope” will be joining a $100 million international program to find signs of alien life. *** Or a really good oldies station.
4. When the wife of Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said she might not support his re-election, he stated, “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.” *** Mr. Buhari later announced that his campaign headquarters has been relocated to the doghouse.
5. Officials at the Vatican are upset at McDonald’s plans to open a fast food restaurant right next to St. Peter’s Square. *** In a spirit of compromise, however, McDonald’s said customers waiting in line will be required speak softly, keep their hands folded and kneel while ordering.
6. Police in several states are warning people that the creepy clowns terrorizing neighborhoods and businesses can be dangerous. *** If one of them sneezes his nose could fly off and cause serious injuries.
7. On this date in history: Oct 20, 1965 – The Beatles receive a gold record for "Yesterday.” *** “Oh, thank you for the gold record. What’s it for?” “It’s for ‘Yesterday’.” “Really? What did we do yesterday?” “You sang ‘Yesterday’.” “I know we sang yesterday. We sang the day before, too, but we didn’t get a gold record...”
8. On this date in history: Oct 19, 1216 – King John of England dies and is succeeded by Henry, his nine-year-old son. *** In the following years, brussel sprouts were outlawed, convicted criminals had to stand in the corner and all international conflicts were resolved with a game of rock-paper-scissors.
9. On this date in history: Oct 18, 1929 – A high court rules that women are considered "Persons" under Canadian law. *** But only if they play hockey .
10. On this date in history: Oct 17, 1972 – Chuck Berry's "My Ding-a-ling" hits #1 on the pop charts. *** Later, it became the theme song for Viagra commercials.