1. The White House ethics office has cleared Kellyanne Conway of any wrongdoing for plugging Ivanka’s fashions on a TV talk show. *** The report also pointed out that Ivanka’s line includes shoes as well as dresses, and the new summer styles are to die for.
2. The highest paid actors on “Big Bang Theory,” who make $1 million per episode, took a pay cut so the lesser-paid actors would get more. *** At least, that’s their “Big Buck Theory.”
3. Elon Musk just announced that his company, SpaceX, will fly two paying passengers around the moon next year. Those lucky people will get a fantastic view of the moon, a permanent place in history, *** and a ton of frequent flier miles.
4. In the style of Johnny Carson as Carnac the Magnificent: “The answer is: Bill Paxton, Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway.” *** Carnac tears open the envelope: “Name one actor who died and two who wish they did.”
5. Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, is reportedly considering a run for the presidency in 2020. *** He already has the animation department drawing up his cabinet. (If you thought there were a lot of characters in the White House now…)
6. On this date in history: Mar 3, 1992 – President Bush apologizes for raising taxes. *** And a lot of Americans apologized for not paying them.
7. On this date in history: Mar 2, 1819 – The U.S. passes its first immigration law, the Steerage Act, requiring captains of arriving ships to list each immigrant’s name, gender, age and occupation. *** Wow, talk about extreme vetting.
8. On this date in history: Mar 1, 1941 – The first FM radio station goes on the air in Nashville, Tennessee. *** Car accidents skyrocket as thousands of drivers fall asleep.
9. On this date in history: Feb 28, 1646 - Roger Scott goes on trial in Massachusetts for sleeping in church. *** Meanwhile, the preacher who gave the boring sermon got off scott free.
10. On this date in history: Feb 27, 1927 – For the second Sunday in a row, golfers in South Carolina are arrested for violating the Sabbath. *** You’d think those priests would have known better.