1. Pope Francis recently revealed how he fights stress: Every night he writes down all his problems in a letter and slips it under a statue of Saint Joseph. *** Then in the morning he puts on a stamp and mails it to “Dear Abby.”
2. The most recent North Korea missile launch has failed. *** Kim Jong Un is reportedly furious but has vowed that he’ll “get that pesky wabbit” next time.
3. Producer, actor and dog expert Cesar Millan says millennials should not get dogs because they don’t know how to care for them and the dogs are just a substitute for children. *** And besides, many parents of millennials just don’t want dogs in the basement.
4. Nordstrom’s is now selling Gucci’s latest style for women: High-heeled sandals with flesh-toned latex stockings for $1,190. *** And for men, they still have flat beach sandals and a pair of black dress socks for $19.95.
5. Monopoly is retiring the boot, wheelbarrow and thimble tokens. *** Millennials complained that those three reminded them too much of work.
6. On this date in history: Mar 24, 1832 – Mormon founder Joseph Smith is beaten, tarred and feathered in Ohio. *** It happened when his wives all found out about each other.
7. On this date in history: Mar 23, 1839 – Boston's Morning Post has the first recorded use of the term "OK." *** It soon became a widely-used indicator of approval as well as a popular name for corrals.
8. On this date in history: Mar 22, 1954 – Northland, the world’s first shopping mall, opens in Southfield, Michigan. *** It was built in response to seniors demanding an indoor walking track with stores.
9. On this date in history: Mar 21, 1995 – New Jersey officially dedicates the Howard Stern Rest Area along Route 295. *** That’s nicer than the first plan, which was to just honor Mr. Stern with three urinals and a stall.
10. On this date in history: Mar 20, 1942 – General MacArthur vows, "I shall return." *** Maybe he said it first, but Schwarzenegger said it best.