1. Charo lashed out at the judges on “Dancing with the Stars” for the low scores they gave her. *** She said they obviously didn’t give her full credit for her flashy dance moves, her sparkling personality and her eight historic appearances on Love Boat.
2. President Trump’s daughter Ivanka is officially joining the administration as a “special advisor to the president” instead of just an “informal advisor.” *** In that former role, when she gave advice she had to wear fashions from her casual line.
3. Two men were arrested for smuggling after authorities at JFK Airport found $1 million of heroin in the false bottom of a dog’s shipping crate. *** Perhaps they shouldn’t have left a note saying the dog answers to the name “Smack.”
4. In an upcoming episode of “Kevin Can Wait,” former “King of Queens” co-stars Lea Remini and Kevin James will reunite as two cops on an undercover assignment. *** They’re going to investigate either the Church of Scientology or a donut shop.
5. Video game seller GameStop announced that it will soon be closing at least 100 stores. *** The company just hasn’t been successful with its strategy of offering a one-stop shop for video games and carpel tunnel surgery.
6. On this date in history: Mar 31, 1917 – The U.S. purchases Danish West Indies for $25 million and then renames them the Virgin Islands. *** Apparently the Danes knew the islands before they were virgin.
7. On this date in history: Mar 30, 1992 – The Academy Award for Best Picture goes to “Silence of the Lambs.” *** Mary was pleased.
8. On this date in history: Mar 29, 1882 – The Knights of Columbus, an organization for Catholic men, is established. *** It was followed by the Knights of Cleveland and then the Knights of Cincinnati.
9. On this date in history: Mar 28, 1866 – The first horse-drawn ambulance goes into service. *** It was very successful, although it took a while to teach the horses how to make that siren sound.
10. On this date in history: Mar 27, 1513 – Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León sights Florida. *** His first impression was recorded in the ship’s log: “Hey, what’s with all the old people?”