1. At this week’s White House press conference, press secretary Sarah Sanders gave the first question to NBC’s Kristen Welker, who was wearing the same style dress as Ms. Sanders. *** At Ms. Sanders’ next press conference it is expected that a matching dress will be worn by CNN”s Jim Acosta.
2. Several employees at Apple’s new, modernistic headquarters in California have been injured walking into its glass walls. *** That’s unusual—at most corporations employees complain about bumping into a glass ceiling.
3. Ironically, at the Broadway premiere of Jimmy Buffet’s musical, “Escape to Margaritaville,” the bar ran out of Margaritas. *** That was even more embarrassing than the premiere of “Hamilton,” when they ran out of $10 bills.
4. McDonald’s announced that it will no longer offer cheeseburgers in Happy Meals. *** President Trump called the decision “sad,” but said he could live with it--as long as they don’t take away the toys.
5. After it was discovered that a man pictured on the Trump dating website home page was a convicted felon, his image was immediately removed. *** And, in the interest of full transparency, it then became the first dating site to change the name of the “Profiles” section to “Fake News.”
6. Major League Baseball is implementing new rules to speed up the game. *** So, starting with the 2018 season, pitchers can only throw fastballs.
7. On this date in history: Feb 23, 1970 – Holy Eucharist is given by women for the first time in a Roman Catholic service. *** Apparently all the men were golfing.
8. On this date in history: Feb 22, 1821 – Spain sells Florida to United States for $5 million. *** They found that everyone there was too old to learn Spanish.
9. On this date in history: Feb 21, 1931 – Alka-Seltzer is introduced. *** Scientists said finding the right active ingredients was easy, but it was tough to get a really good “Plop, plop, fizz, fizz” sound.
10. On this date in history: Feb 20, 1962 – John Glenn becomes the first American to orbit Earth. *** Since then, the only thing that has gone around the world faster is fake news.