1. “The Bold and the Beautiful” actress Karla Mosley says it will be revealed that her character, Maya, was originally a boy named Myron. *** It’s a bit far-fetched, but it’s the only way the writers could explain why Maya doesn’t like soap operas.
2. According to a survey by the web site CareerBliss, the least enjoyable job in the U.S. is security guard. *** So, the most unhappy workers in the country carry guns. What could possibly go wrong?
3. The senior editor of Ms. magazine blasted the makers of baby attire that has the words “I Hate my Thighs” because of its shame-inducing message. *** Yeah, I guess it’s not nice to make fun of someone with a lisp.
4. In discussing “The Sound of Music” with Diane Sawyer, Julie Andrews confessed that she never liked the song “I Have Confidence.” *** She also admitted that the hills weren’t really alive.
5. North Korean President Kim Jong Un is headed to Moscow to help celebrate Victory Day, which commemorates the defeat of Nazi Germany. *** President Kim is going so he can see what it’s like to celebrate a victory, since North Korea never had one of its own.
6. The Secret Service is asking for $8 million to build a replica of the White House for training purposes. *** You know, there are a few presidential candidates who could use that.
7. “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson was barred from attending the funeral of her close friend, “The Simpsons” creator, Sam Simon. *** Relatives weren’t happy with her plan to put on a red swimsuit and run up the aisle in slow motion.
8. Vladimir Putin finally made a public appearance after being out of sight for the past ten days. *** He said he had been hiking the Appalachian Trail.
9. In New Delhi, India, a bride walked out of her wedding ceremony when the groom gave her an incorrect answer to a simple arithmetic problem. *** As she stomped out the door, the shocked groom could only mutter, “It was my understanding there would be no math.”
10. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Florida has the highest percentage of senior citizens. *** California claims that it actually has the most elderly residents, but out there they count everyone over 40.