Friday, September 11, 2015

News for Week Ending Friday, Sept 11, 2015

1.        In Philadelphia, tickets to Pope Francis’ events were snapped up in minutes, and authorities are warning the public to be on the lookout for counterfeits.  ***  No, I think it’s going to be the real pope.

2.        Kraft is recalling many of its “cheese singles” because consumers might leave part of the plastic wrap on the cheese when they eat it, which could have dangerous results.  ***  People will find out the plastic has more flavor.

3.        Researchers at the University of New Mexico say people began enjoying caffeinated drinks nearly 1,000 years ago.  ***   Although it was sometimes difficult to take their horse to the ride-thru.

4.        Heavy rains in parts of Spain have turned roads into raging rivers.   ***   In Pamplona, plans are being made for a new event, the Swimming of the Bulls.

5.        A federal judge has ruled that Costco fraudulently mis-labeled diamond engagement rings as being made by Tiffany.  ***  The judge also ruled that every cheapskate customer has 30 days to tell his fiancé he bought her ring at Costco.

6.        In a survey by the Pew Research Center, 57% of Millennials said their generation is not greedy.  ***  The other 43% demanded payment for filling out the survey.

7.        The Full Throttle Saloon, the huge biker bar in Sturgis, North Dakota, was destroyed by fire Tuesday night.  ***  Bikers have been terrified of fire ever since they heard that tattoo ink is flammable.

8.        Kraft is expanding the recall of its cheese “singles” because of a choking hazard.  ***  If you tell someone it’s real cheese, they start choking.

9.        Tori Spelling is suing Benihana’s because she fell onto a cooking griddle and burned her arms.  ***  Which is the only time in recent years that she’s been a hot actress.

10.     A California man has been arrested and charged with stealing a copy of O.J. Simpson’s Heisman Trophy.  He faces up to 6 years imprisonment  ***  in a copy of a jail cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment