1. Experts say the most popular fashion accessory this fall will be the beret. *** Although white beanies are now expected be a close second.
2. Native Americans are asking the government to rename the Wyoming rock formation known as “Devils Tower” because it implies that Indians used it as a site for devil worship *** and presidential campaign rallies.
3. For a limited time, several McDonald’s restaurants in Sweden will allow customers to make reservations. *** It’s very classy—after you sit down at your table, a waiter takes your order and then goes up and stands in line for you.
4. A woman in Syracuse, NY jumped out of her moving car when she saw a spider crawling on her shoulder. ***
Itsy bitsy spider climbed up the driver’s neck,Driver jumped out and caused a massive wreck.
Out popped the air bag and smashed the critter flat,
But the itsy bitsy spider sure got the final laugh.
5. A Nebraska man claims he became ill because of traces of meth in his hotel room coffee pot. *** You know, maybe he shouldn’t have selected the K-Cup that had a picture of Walter White on top.
6. On this date in history: 1561 - King Philip II of Spain forbids Spanish settlements in Florida. *** Thus missing the opportunity to establish a really lucrative chain of retirement villages.
7. On this date in history: 1625 – The Dutch attack San Juan, Puerto Rico. *** Unfortunately, those wooden shoes pretty much ruined the element of surprise.
8. On this date in history: 1837 - Charles Tiffany founded his jewelry & china store. *** But, he declines to serve breakfast.
9. On this date in history: 1960 - Chubby Checker's "Twist" hits #1 *** Chiropractors rejoice.
10. On this date in history: 1989 - "Baywatch," starring David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson, debuts on NBC. *** Viewers immediately start demanding high def TV.