1. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, the “tent cities” holding children of illegal immigrants are costing millions of dollars more than allowing the children to stay with their parents. *** However, President Trump has addressed that situation with a new executive order -- it charges the kids a $10 per night camping fee.
2. An ER doctor in California was suspended after a video showed her doubting and mocking a patient who claimed to be having an anxiety attack. *** In all fairness to the doctor, most patients don’t really have an anxiety attack until they see the bill.
3. Russia has reportedly upgraded its ammunition bunker at Kaliningrad, which is designed to protect its most powerful weapons, including nuclear warheads … *** …and the video clips of President Trump’s golden showers.
4. After 27 years, the “Jerry Springer Show” is being canceled. *** The network informed Mr. Springer by calling him in and throwing a chair at him.
5. In Michigan’s Bloomfield Township, a woman was arrested for stealing cosmetics and jewelry from a Rite-Aid. *** On the positive side, she looked terrific in her mug shot.
6. On this date in history: Jun 22, 1611 – Henry Hudson and his son are set adrift in Hudson Bay by angry mutineers. *** You know, some passengers just don’t read the fine print on those all-inclusive cruise deals.
7. On this date in history: Jun 21, 1990 – Little Richard gets a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. *** It was a little star.
8. On this date in history: Jun 20, 1988 – “Price is Right” model Janice Pennington is knocked out by a TV camera. *** Before transporting her to the hospital, producers made her guess how much her treatment would cost.
9. On this date in history: Jun 19, 1987 – Ben & Jerry’s announces a new ice cream in honor of the Grateful Dead’s Jerry Garcia, called “Cherry Garcia.” *** Actually, for Mr. Garcia a better flavor would have been “LSD-licious.”
10. On this date in history: Jun 18, 1948 – The American Library Association adopts the Library Bill of Rights. *** “You have the right to remain silent…”