1. A study by Fidelity Investments shows that most millennials get financial advice from their parents, but the investment firm says young adults should seek additional sources of financial guidance. *** So, “Get a job” requires a second opinion?
2. A recent study says it’s important to understand millennials (people now under 30) because by the year 2020 they will make up 50% of the workforce. *** And they’ll be doing 25% of the work.
3. Rubic’s cube, toy soldiers and bubbles have just been inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in Rochester, N.Y. *** The Walter White action figure was disqualified after failing the drug test.
4. The commander of the U.S. Navy SEALs has rebuked troops who have broken the elite group’s tradition of secrecy by publishing their memoirs. *** He also stated that despite numerous requests, SEAL training will not be expanded to include grammar, creative writing and marketing.
5. A woman in Southern California was devastated by the theft of her 90 pound tortoise. *** But by the time she discovered the theft and called 911, the thief and the tortoise were already halfway down the driveway.
6. The Air Force has just fired two commanders in the nuclear missile corps for mistreating subordinates, failing to promote their welfare and causing poor morale. *** Ad for their replacements: “Wanted: Compassionate, caring sympathetic leaders. Must be willing to annihilate the world.”
7. When Wal-Mart closed its store in McAllen, Texas, city officials turned it into a public library. *** It’s the only library in the country where the dress code is tank tops and flip-flops.
8. Following the fisticuffs between Brad Keselowski and Jeff Gordon after the NASCAR race in Texas, team owner Roger Penske came out in support of the way Keselowski drove the race. *** However, he did say that Brad needs to improve his jab and right uppercut.
9. Experts say that when the “Fury 325” is built in a North Carolina amusement park, the U.S. will have the most terrifying roller coaster in the world. *** Actually, we already have that. It’s called the stock market.
10. In a recent letter, Pope Francis supported the use of exorcism to cast out demons. *** Although here in the U.S. we prefer elections.