1. George Clooney and his wife, Amal, are building a “panic room” where they can run and hide if suddenly faced with a major threat. *** For example, if one of them started to lose their good looks.
2. In an interview with Seth Meyers, Allison Williams defended her beleaguered father, newsman Brian Williams. *** She said, “Now, as I remember that helicopter ride….”
3. Mars One, an organization that is planning a permanent mission to the red planet, has announced the 100 finalists for the one-way voyage. They were selected from an initial list of 200,000 candidates, *** most of whom were nominated by their in-laws.
4. As a promotion for his upcoming Comedy Central roast, Justin Bieber was shown getting hit in the face with an egg. So, apparently there are “Beliebers” *** and there are “Eggthiests.”
5. Yesterday Detroit police had to deal with an armed man who had barricaded himself inside a home. *** Really? Someone wanted to lock himself IN Detroit?
6. Because they could not agree on terms, Costco is ending a 16 year agreement that gave exclusivity to the American Express credit card. *** So, American Express has a new slogan: “Okay, now you can leave home without it.”
7. Singer-songwriter Leslie Gore has died at age 68. She was perhaps best known for singing, “It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to.” *** The song was later covered by John Boehner and the GOP.
8. Hasbro has come out with a high powered Nerf gun that can shoot a foam ball at 70 mph and is intended for use by adults. *** For example, seniors like it for settling disputes at bingo games.
9. (Groaner Alert) A new video on the Internet shows a sheep who was raised with collies and now thinks she’s a dog. *** You should hear her b-a-a-a-a-rk.
10. In honor of its 30th anniversary in March, the iconic movie “The Breakfast Club” will be shown at 430 theaters across the country. *** But, in recognition of its aging audience, the breakfasts will be digitally altered to include more soft foods, fiber and prunes.