1. Friends of Scott Disick, Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend, are urging him to go into rehab to stop his self-destructive behavior. *** Dating a Kardashian.
2. A study published in the Journal of Applied Psychology says that weeping can help a person in negotiations. *** So, we’ll know John Kerry is getting desperate with the Iranian nuclear talks when he starts bringing in a box of Kleenex.
3. Soccer star Christiano Renaldo is in Tokyo promoting an electric muscle stimulator. Last year he was there promoting a smile enhancing gadget. *** But now he’s found that the best way to enhance his smile is to sell a boatload of gimmicky muscle stimulators.
4. Two women in Morocco face prison sentences for wearing dresses that were considered provocative because they were too tight. *** Well, it seems that Moroccan women have an extra incentive to diet.
5. Starbucks is raising the price of its brewed coffee by 10 cents a cup. *** You know life is getting tough when it starts costing more just to wake up.
6. In Pamplona, Spain, two Americans and a Brit were gored in this year’s “running of the bulls,” in which daredevils try to stay ahead of six rampaging bulls--a frightening experience. *** Almost as frightening as retirees trying to stay ahead of inflation.
7. Marie Helvin, the world’s oldest lingerie model, is retiring at the age of 62. *** She knew it was time to quit when she was asked to model the new line of thongs from Depends.
8. A man posing as a security guard took $75,000 from an Oklahoma Wal-Mart. *** Last year he posed as a Wal-Mart greeter and issued 200 fraudulent “good mornings.”
9. Researchers in New Zealand have studied the onset of aging in nearly a thousand people at the ages of 26, 32 and 38. *** And a similar study has been done with Hollywood actresses at the ages of 18, 19 and 20.
10. Because of credit cards and electronic payments, many young people today don’t know how to write a check and there has been a fivefold increase in the number of Google searches for check writing instructions. *** Actually, I’ve been getting my check writing advice from a very helpful man in Nigeria.