1. Today is the 70th anniversary of the iconic photo of a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square on V-J Day. *** Actually, you’re only allowed to grab a nurse and kiss her like that if a) you already know her, or b) you’ve just won a major war, or c) you’re on the Obamacare Gold Plan.
2. HBO announced it is partnering with “Sesame Street” to bring the long-running kid’s show back to television. *** Terms of the deal were not released, but inside sources say that Oscar the Grouch is smiling.
3. Through its buying service, Costco Auto Program, Costco is offering big savings on new cars. *** Of course, you have to buy ten of them.
4. According to a study published in the American Journal of Family Therapy, elementary school students are being given too much homework these days. *** Researchers say that young kids are spending nearly an hour every night just texting the answers back and forth.
5. Some colleges are now offering an app called “Pocket Points” which gives students food discounts if they avoid using their smart phone in the classroom. *** But let’s not forget: The main reason to not text or e-mail during class is that it interrupts your sleep.
6. Archaeologists in Egypt now believe that King Tut’s tomb is actually part of a much larger tomb belonging to his mother, Queen Nefertiti. *** How embarrassing is that—He was the King of Egypt, and after 3,000 years he’s still staying at his mom’s place.
7. McDonald’s is testing an app that lets customers scroll through the menu to see how many calories each item has. *** Or, if you don’t want to wade through all the numbers, the app will just Photoshop your selfie to show what you’re going to look like after too many Big Macs.
8. Former President George W. Bush was called for jury duty in Dallas, but did not make the final cut. *** He was dismissed after admitting that he’d probably go with whichever verdict was easiest to pronounce.
9. Country music stars Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert have almost finalized their divorce. *** They just need to decide who gets to sing about it.
10. The restaurant rating website Yelp is now posting reviews of hospitals, along with the waiting time in the ER. *** And, if all the ER’s are full, Yelp can recommend a great restaurant for your last meal.