1. United Airlines has apologized to a mother who had to hold her two-year old son on a 3-hour flight after a man got onboard during a layover and claimed the boy’s double-booked seat. *** A United spokesman said it was a case of human error-- according to company policy the man should have held the boy.
2. A woman in Oklahoma tried to recruit a man to kill her husband and showed him her plan with a PowerPoint presentation. *** It’s the first time PowerPoint was involved in trying to kill someone; normally the app is just used to put people to sleep.
3. At the Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado Springs, a 73 year old woman drove into the swimming pool in her car. *** Witnesses said they were just thankful she didn’t go into the pool in her bikini.
4. Police in Merida, Mexico accused three Playboy bunnies of working without visas, then arrested them and put them in a holding cell. *** The cops then took turns going into the cell and holding them.
5. This weekend New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and his family had sole use of a beach he had closed due to the state’s financial crisis. *** Of course, that was a unique situation--Usually he just keeps the crowds away by shutting down lanes on the highway.
6. Kelly Osborne says she peed her pants in the Gay Pride parade in NYC because the Starbucks she went to didn’t have a restroom. *** In an effort to improve service, customers in that situation will now be given an empty cup with their name written on it.
7. On this date in history: Jul 7, 1987 – Kiwanis Clubs end their men-only tradition and vote to admit women. *** However, the women all quit in disgust after learning the meaning of the word “kiwanis.”
8. On this date in history: Jul 6, 1535 – In England, Sir Thomas More is executed for treason. *** First they almost executed a Mr. Less; someone apparently heard that Less is More.
9. On this date in history: Jul 5, 1981 – Rajan Mahadevan recites 31,811 digits of pi from memory. *** And then forgot to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home.
10. On this date in history: Jul 3, 1984 – A Dolphin rocket is launched off San Clemente Island. *** And boy, was that fish terrified.