1. A woman is suing Johnny Utah’s bar in Manhattan for allowing her to ride a mechanical bull while she was drunk. *** Actually, the amazing thing is that she filed the lawsuit while she was sober.
2. Actress Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy on “Big Bang Theory,” cannot talk for one month because she sprained her vocal chords. *** So, for the next few episodes Amy will respond to all of Sheldon’s snide comments with her middle finger.
3. For the fourth consecutive time, a pit bull won the election for mayor of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky, beating a cat, a chicken, a donkey and a little boy. *** How sad--even that little town had a better slate of candidates than the last presidential election.
4. At the state capitol in Little Rock, Arkansas, a man drove his car into a newly erected granite slab with the Ten Commandments and shattered it. *** Because of budget constraints, state officials decided to leave the pieces where they fell and just erect a sign saying “Moses slipped.”
5. At a Six Flags amusement park in New York, a 14-year old girl slipped out of an aerial ride and was caught by a group of people 25 feet below. *** It was so scary that hundreds of kids immediately ran to get in line.
6. According to a recent study by the Employee Benefit Research Institute, more than 10% of retirees are "not at all satisfied" with retirement. *** Actually, they weren’t satisfied with working, either, but at least then they had someone to complain to.
7. On this date in history: Jun 30, 1975 - Just four days after divorcing Sonny Bono, Cher marries Gregg Allman. *** Sonny immediately records his new song, “I Lost You, Babe.”
8. On this date in history: Jun 29, 1916 – A Boeing aircraft flies for the first time. *** Unfortunately, it was the fifth attempt.
9. On this date in history: Jun 27, 1986 – The U.S. informs New Zealand that it will not defend that country against attack. *** You know, it was the beginning of summer, baseball season was underway, the big Fourth of July holiday was coming up, etc., etc.
10. On this date in history: Jun 26, 1797 – Charles Newbold patents the cast iron plow. *** And the horses all thought, “Really? You couldn’t come up with something a little lighter?”