1. The second half of a Kentucky warehouse has now collapsed, sending the remainder of the 18,000 barrels of bourbon crashing to the ground, and officials have been assessing the environmental impact. *** They are predicting a sharp increase in global mourning.
2. Facebook has apologized after its censorship protocol blocked an excerpt from the Declaration of Independence, and some people feel it was due to the phrase “Indian savages.” *** The Facebook algorithm apparently assumed it was a slam on people staffing a help desk.
3. President Trump gave Twitter readers a laugh when he bragged about his writing skills and wrote, “Fake News constantly likes to pour over my tweets looking for a mistake.” *** Of course, “pore” is what you do over a document – “pour” is what you do to a cup of covfefe.
4. A recent article on AOL.com listed “19 Unusual Uses for Vaseline.” *** Including three that had nothing to do with sex.
5. Notorious gangster Retoine Faid escaped from a French prison by getting plucked from an open courtyard by a helicopter. *** However, before dropping him off the pilot made him spend two hours broadcasting rush hour traffic reports.
6. NBC has cancelled the comedy series “Champions.” *** They also dropped plans for the spinoff, “Runner Ups.”
7. On this date in history: Jul 6, 1989 – U.S. marshals and FCC agents seize pirate radio station WHOT in Brooklyn. *** They confiscated two Jolly Roger flags, several eye patches and a parrot.
8. On this date in history: Jul 5, 1937 – Joe DiMaggio hits his first grand slam homerun. *** Mrs. Robinson went wild.
9. On this date in history: Jul 3, 1754 – In the “French & Indian War,” George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity. *** He decided it wasn’t really needed.
10. On this date in history: July 2, 1890 – The Sherman Antitrust Act prohibits industrial monopolies. *** Businessmen wanting to build financial empires were told to go play the board game.