1. “CBS This Morning” recently interviewed 85 year old Haruo Nakajima, who played Godzilla in the 1954 movie and several sequels. *** Of course, these days Mr. Nakajima is a bit slower and a bit shorter--now he’s only 90 feet tall.
2. Many tour agencies in Russia have recently gone bankrupt. *** Russians who want to visit other countries and don’t mind a cool reception are advised to join the army (and ask for the special “invasion” package).
3. Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit to remove his name from casinos that he no longer owns. *** Really? There are casinos named “idiot”?
4. Kim Kardashian admits she still has 20 pounds of extra weight from her recent pregnancy and that her “hips and butt are huge.” She says she’s having trouble shaking the extra weight. *** But when she does shake it, it really jiggles.
5. A Russian gang of Internet hackers has stolen over one billion passwords. *** Wow—that’s a lot of pet names.
6. The man who recently took a video of NYC cops giving a fatal choke hold has been arrested on a weapons violation charge. *** I believe he’s accused of carrying an unregistered assault camera.
7. People in Seoul, Korea are concerned about sink holes in the vicinity of a new 123-story skyscraper that is expected to be the 6th tallest building the world. *** Wait a minute…7th tallest…8th tallest…9th tallest… (Actually, it’s now expected be a two-story office building with a 121-story basement.)
8. Hollywood make-up artist Dick Smith has died at age 92. He was best known for his work on the 1973 film “The Exorcist,” in which he transformed Linda Blair into a demon. *** Of course, today most young actresses become demons all by themselves.
9. Harley-Davidson is recalling 3,000 motorcycles because excess vibration can cause the ignition switch to turn off. *** This is a serious problem because it could suddenly interrupt a Harley rider when he’s right in the middle of trying to wake up the entire neighborhood.
10. A scientific study has identified 9 reasons to eat chocolate every day. *** Actually, there’s just one reason: It tastes good. The other 8 are only excuses.