1. Doctors for Bernie Sanders say the 74 year old presidential candidate is in great health and has no problems that would affect his presidency…***…as long as takes his afternoon naps, eats plenty of fiber and tries not to get too excited.
2. Ammon Bundy, the arrested leader of the protestors occupying the building in the Oregon refuge, is telling the group they should pack up and go home because they’ve made their point and their families need them … *** …and because the occupied building doesn’t have a large screen TV for the Super Bowl.
3. Bristol Palin blasted Tina Fey’s SNL impersonation of her mother, saying it sounded like “nails on a chalkboard. *** In other words, dead-on.
4. In Florida, when two Christian high school football teams recently played each other, the state high school athletic association denied their request to allow prayer before the game. *** In fact, the association also warned them that “Hail Mary pass” is just an expression and cannot be accompanied by an actual prayer.
5. Researchers at the University of Florida say that people probably do not have Alzheimer’s if they are able to smell peanut butter. *** In their test they blindfolded people living on Social Security, placed an open jar of peanut butter near them, and noted if the seniors could correctly identify the scent as “dinner.”
6. On this date in history: Jan 29, 1802 – John Beckley of Virginia is appointed the first Librarian of Congress. *** He was the only guy brave enough to say “Shush” to senators.
7. On this date in history: Jan 29, 1845 – Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" is published. *** However, he was disappointed that he couldn’t get an endorsement from the Audubon Society.
8. On this date in history: Jan 29, 2002 – In his State of the Union Address, President George W. Bush names the three elements of the terror-oriented “Axis of Evil.” *** He said they were Pronunciation, Grammar and Spelling.
9. On this date in history: Jan 28, 1878 – George W. Coy is hired as the first full-time telephone operator. *** He aced the interview with his impressive delivery of “One ringy-dingy…two ringy dingies…”
10. On this date in history: Jan 27, 1970 – The Motion Picture Association of America replaces the “M” rating with “PG.” *** “PG” stands for “Parental Guidance.” “M” stood for “Go ask your Mother.”